We are currently seeking dynamic and service minded individuals to join our fast paced, growing and exciting team as CDL/NON-CDL Drivers. The driver will be responsible for delivering and picking up building supplies throughout the NY/NJ metro area.Responsibilities:
- Deliver customer orders accurately and safely.
- Pick up stock accurately and safely.
- Check load and complete pre and post trip safety inspection per DOT requirements.
- Complete and submit DOT logs daily.
- Keep trucks clean inside and out, and check inspections and registrations for compliance.
- Help pick and stage material for deliveries.
- 1-3 years’ experience driving trucks in an urban area.
- Must have a clean driver’s license.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be prompt, responsible, trustworthy and reliable.
- Able to read/write in English.
- Flexible and dependable.
- Work well with others and possess attention to detail.
- Knowledge of NYC, Building Materials and Forklift experience a plus.
- Compensation commensurate with experience
- Union eligibility after waiting period.
- Vacation/PTO policy.
We are seeking an experienced Sales Person to join our growing team. The account Executive will be responsible for accurately servicing customers and entering all customer orders coming in through email, fax, and phone.
Main Job Tasks & Responsibilities (DO)
- Answer incoming calls, faxes, and emails from customers.
- Confirming all orders with the contact on the job site for accuracy.
- Cross check all orders by highlighting the back sheet and Order Acknowledgment and make sure all information on the order is 100% accurate.
- Take orders over the phone and through email and process them for delivery in a timely fashion.
- Make outgoing calls to the existing base of customers to provide service and increase business.
- Review customer purchasing activity and make regular contact in order to understand their business levels.
- Follow up on open quotes, determine status, and report outcome to Inside Sales Supervisor.
- Source and purchase nonstock items from our network of vendors.
- Respond to interdepartmental requests for information completely and in a timely fashion.
- Follow Sales and Operational procedures at all times.
- Actively participate in training, educational seminars, and meetings.
- Communicate with Inside Sales Supervisor to address any issues or exceptions with a customer’s order.
- Assist with the training of newly hired employees when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1 year of building materials experience.
- 3 years of previous sales experience.
- Mid-Level Computer skills: Outlook mail, Calendar, Excel, and Word.
- Data entry.
- Excellent communicator.
- Organized and dependable.
- Trustworthy and reliable.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
Do you have what it takes to stand out from the crowd? The ability to increase sales in the tough construction market?. If you do - Celtic offers a competitive salary, commission earnings and great benefits.
- Maintain and expand Celtic customer accounts in NY, NJ and CT.
- Formulates accurate and complete project specific customer information - including site visits.
- Implements customer specific pricing partnering with Celtic inside sales, operations team and finance department to secure business and attain profit and sales goals.
- Educates customers on new products, services, industry trends and installation if relevant.
- Regular account evaluation determining revenue and profitability to balance account viability verses future time efforts.
- Handle receipts and required documents.
- Updates and maintains customer specific information within company systems. Ensures accurate account, customer details and contact information available to management and support teams.
Hands on professionals, to fulfill orders correctly and in a timely fashion so that shipment is made according to customer’s need. Performs manual duties related to shipping, receiving, inspecting, rework, storing, issuing and delivering a variety of materials, equipment and supplies. A commitment to the importance of excellence in attendance and timeliness is essential. Must possess self-motivation, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude and perform as a team player. Warehouse/Distribution experience is preferred but not essential.
- Operates material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks or dollies to move stock or reorganize storage to unload containers, pick orders, displays, UPS, etc.
- Picking materials in a timely efficient manner, ensuring accuracy and quality.
- Required to lift and move material up to 75 lbs.
- Handle receipts and required documents.
- Move/Lift heavy equipment (large boxes, paper rolls, lumber...) with assistance.
Have other skills?
Welcome - thankyou for you interest in a career with Celtic. Today, we continue to grow and are always searching for great talent at all levels and departments. To learn more about the company please visit our 'About Us' section.