Drywall, also commonly referred to as sheetrock or wall board, is a lightweight cost efficient product for use on interior walls or ceiling panels in new construction, renovation and repair work. In residential construction the most commonly used sizes are 4 x 8 foot x .5 inch. Other sizes, thicknesses and specialty boards may be stocked and/or available by special order.
For small and medium sized projects, most DIYers will choose to use the 4 x 8 foot x .5 inch size because it offers the best value in per-sheet price and is the easiest to handle, with each sheet weighing just over 50 pounds. Drywall can be nailed or screwed to wood or metal studs. When used on ceilings it is also sometimes glued up to help keep it from sagging over time.
Top Sellers At Celtic
- USG ToughRock Fireguard Drywall Panel 5/8-in x 4-ft x 8-ft
- Sheetrock UltraLight Mold Tough 1/2 in. x 4 ft. x 8 ft.
- 1-1/4 in. x 8 ft. Metal Corner Bead
- Sheetrock Drywall Joint Tape – 250 ft
- Grip-RitePhillips Bugle-Head Coarse Thread Sharp Point Drywall Screws – #8 x 1-1/4 in. (1 lb.-Pack)
- Sheetrock All-Purpose 4.5 Gal. Pre-Mixed Joint Compound
- FibaTape White Self-Adhesive Drywall Joint Tape – 150 ft.
- Fireproof 5/8 in. x 8 ft. x 48 in. Gypsum Board