The lathe is the oldest power tool, being known to the ancient Egyptians (albeit in a hand-powered form). Early industrial revolution-era factories had batteries of power tools driven by belts from overhead shafts. The prime power source was a water wheel or (later) a steam engine. The introduction of the electric motor (and electric distribution networks) in the 1880s made possible the self-powered stationary and portable tools we know today.
Top Sellers At Celtic
- Milwaukee 2607-20 M18 1/2″ Hammer Drill
- Milwaukee 2407-22 M12 3/8″ Drill/Driver Kit
- Porter-Cable 6 Amp 3/8-Inch Variable Speed Drill
- Dewalt 15-Amp 12-Inch Single-Bevel Compound Miter Saw
- Bosch Slim 7.5 Amp 4-1/2-Inch Slim Grinder