Rope & Chain
Rope is constructed in two basic ways, laid and braided, although there are variations on the theme. The first is “3 strand” line. The direction of twist is called the lay of the rope. Three strand twisted line can be “laid” right or left, and should always be coiled with the lay of the line. This rope is described as S-laid (left-laid) or Z-laid (right-laid) according to whether the twist follows the line of the center part of the letter S or Z. Most three strand rope is Z-laid (right-laid). If you hold a length of 3 strand, right-hand laid twisted line at arm's length and eyeball it, you will see the wrap of the line twisting to the right.
Top Sellers At Celtic
- 1/4in x 100ft Natural Sisal Rope
- 3/8in x 50ft White Twisted Nylon Rope
- 1/4in x 50ft Yellow Braided Polypropylene
- 20ft Welded Zinc Plated Steel Chain
- 20ft Welded Yellow Chromate Steel Chain